Helping protect children from sexual abuse
Little Warriors is a national, charitable organization based in Canada committed to the awareness, prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse.
Little Warriors provides:
- Information about the prevalence and frequency of child sexual abuse and healing and support resources
- Treatment through the Be Brave Ranch for children between 8 and 12 who have been sexually abused
- A workshop called Prevent It! that educates adults on how to take action to stop child sexual abuse
Little Warriors is a national organization committed to the awareness, prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse.
Little Warriors is committed to:
- Provide awareness and information about child sexual abuse.
- Provide child sexual abuse prevention strategies to adults through education.
- Provide information about healing and support resources.
- Provide a treatment facility to help children cope with the devastating effects of child sexual abuse.
Goals & Objectives
- Relay a fundamental prevention education message, to culturally sensitive communities, that fit the needs of the growing multi-cultural and Aboriginal communities across Canada.
- Enhancement of community impact to provide prevention training and mental health treatment to high risk and vulnerable individuals within communities.
- Give rise to community resource access. Provide Canadians with local and national child sexual abuse resource information.
- Spread the message of responsibility, action and hope by training specially selected volunteers to deliver the prevention workshop to adults across Canada.
- Reduce the stigma on child sexual abuse, and facilitate an increased transfer of skills and knowledge, through the delivery of a research based Canadian child sexual abuse prevention program.
- Create road blocks for sexual predators and encourage organizations to incorporate mandatory child sexual abuse prevention policies and procedures.
- Create warrior-like compassion. Commit to bring access to a treatment centre for all the children across Canada who have been sexually abused.
- Provide a safe and secure treatment centre for children and youth who have been sexually abused.
- Help to fill the mental health gap of time-delayed traditional child sexual abuse counselling methods and provide effective clinical focused treatment that will be the first of its kind in Canada.